|Direct Care Staff
||Gateway of Hope campus and Danielle's Home of Hope campus
||$12.00/hr - $16/hr depending on experience
||High School Diploma or GED equivalence
||Full-Time , Part-time, PRN
||Residential setting or child placing agency and knowledge of Minimum Standards and Residential Contracting is preferred
||Jun 13, 2019
|Now hiring for 3-11pm and weekend shifts. Seeking those who would be willing to train and work in Lindale and also work in Gladewater at a later date. We are opening an emergency shelter for girls ages 5-17 in 2022. Currently serving residents ages 13-17.
Reports To: Treatment Director and Care Staff Manager
1. High School Diploma or GED equivalence. Must present proof upon hire.
2. Possess a valid Texas Driver’s License and Texas minimum auto insurance requirements. Must present proof upon hire.
3. Experience working for a residential setting or child placing agency and knowledge of Minimum Standards and Residential Contracting is preferred but not required.
4. Ability to work with frequent interruptions and in stressful situations and respond to crisis situations with patience and good judgement.
5. Present deep interest in working with youth from hard places.
6. At least 21 years old
7. Must be female
Primary Purpose: The function of the Direct Care Staff is to provide basic daily care services, establish and build supportive and nurturing relationships, provide and arrange services and act as a liaison between each child and other staff to meet the needs of each child in our care.
Wage/Hour Status: Hourly
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Performs duties in a professional, ethical and responsible manner.
2. Maintains positive and cooperating working relationships with clients, administrative staff and multi-disciplinary team members in the conduct of organization business and demonstrates teamwork in daily activities.
3. Performs other tasks and assumes such responsibilities as related to the position.
4. Improves knowledge and skills through self-initiated and mandatory professional development training.
5. Successfully meets established annual performance goals.
6. Performs prompt and timely in completing assignments and attending to details accurately and efficiently.
7. Has regular attendance and complies with notification procedures for absences.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Communicate with supervisor, program staff and other service providers as needed to assess and discuss progress and needs.
2. Participate in scheduled staff meetings.
3. Complete designated case paperwork.
4. Attend individualized service plan meetings.
5. Monitor child visits with parents and/or siblings.
6. Transports children to various appointments.
EQUIPMENT USED: Computer and copier
Mental Demands: Reading, ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); maintain emotional control under stress.
Physical Demands: Standing, sitting, stooping, bending and lifting items up to 40 lbs. Occasional prolonged, irregular and holiday hours.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills that may be required.