|Reports To: Treatment Director, Residential Group Operations
Supervises: Direct Care Staff and Direct Care Volunteers
1. A Bachelor’s degree. A degree in one of the following fields is considered a plus: nursing, sociology, management, social work, counseling.
2. Two years direct experience working with children (13-17) in a foster care or adoption environment is desired. Prior experience in a position with a Texas Licensed Residential Treatment Center (RTC) or Group Residential Operation (GRO)is considered a plus.
3. Management experience with supervision of other personnel.
Primary Purpose: The Care Staff Manager is responsible for the daily supervision and administrative activities that provide basic daily care services to residents that have been placed at Hope Haven, a licensed and contracted RTC / GRO with the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.
Compensation Status: Salaried
GENERAL RESPONSIBLITIES AND DUTIES
1. Monitor and maintain Direct Care Staffing and Scheduling Plan that defines the description, qualification, numbers, and duties of Direct Care employees and volunteers necessary to operate an RTC / GRO effectively and efficiently.
2. Participates in the management, recruitment, employment, and training of Direct Care personnel employed at Hope Haven
3. Facilitate and maintain on-going training and support needs for all Direct Care Staff and Volunteers that is following licensing and contract standards.
4. Responsible for all Direct Care Staff and Volunteers to ensure they are knowledgeable and compliant with Human Resource policies, programs and benefits that facilitate recruitment, development, and retention of employees.
5. Monitor and support compliance with Hope Haven’s policies and procedure, and ensures that daily activities are compliant with contract requirements, Texas laws and regulations, and such activities meet or exceed the minimum standards for a Residential Treatment Center (RTC) and Group Residential Operations (GRO).
6. Monitor and facilitate the residential physical plant, including the children’s home, surrounding property, equipment, and vehicles making sure they are maintained in a timely and efficient manner as to provide an attractive, safe, and efficient living environment for residents and staff.
7. Participate in the implementation of therapeutic programs and activities as directed by the Treatment Director and or Administrator of Hope Haven.
8. Assist in the communication and coordination of children and staff with the Public-School System to ensure academic standards are met and that the RTC and GRO provide and participate in a full range of activities available via the school system.
9. Recommends, monitors, and maintain the Hope Haven Safety Program that minimizes children and staff to exposure to risk with an emphasis on accident prevention.
10. Coordinates and communicates with other staff and volunteers informing via regular meetings and reports as to the operational status of Hope Haven to include specific metrics as requested.
11. Participates in public relations assignments and meetings with community organizations including churches, schools, philanthropic foundations, civic organizations and the general public for the purpose of promoting public support of Hope Haven’s mission.
12. Participates in the management and oversite of Direct Care volunteers at Hope Haven.
13. Assist in the investigations relative to complaints about staff in accordance with Residential Child Care licensing and ensures the implementation of corrective action plans for staff and children as necessary including recommendations for licensing enforcement when needed.
14. Responsible for observing, implementing, and monitoring the financial activities of Direct Care Staff to include budget(s), banking and other vendor relationships in a timely and effective manner.
15. Responsible for participation in the various programs of Public Support that may be necessary that are essential to Hope Haven’s mission.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBLITIES AND DUTIES
1. Assist in crisis intervention and situations and needed.
2. Participates in in-service training. (For this position 30 clock hours of job-related training during the first year of assignment
to RTC responsibilities. Thereafter, 20 clock hours of job-related training are required.
3. Initiate, coordinate and participates in public relations assignments.
4. Serves as an on-call resources as may be defined or necessary
POSITION KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Requires specific and detailed knowledge of Texas Department of Family and Protective Services Minimum Standards for the licensing, contracting and operation of a Residential Treatment Center / Group Residential Operation.
2. Ability to manage multiple individuals, projects, and activities.
3. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
4. Ability to discern, differentiate and respond appropriately to a broad range of people and circumstances.
5. Ability to operate effectively in situations of stress.
6. Ability to motivate, supervise, delegate, monitor and develop subordinates.
7. Requires the knowledge and acknowledgement of the unique Faith Based Mission Statement of Hope Haven of East Texas.