It is the mission of Hope Haven of East Texas, through partnerships with churches, families and the community, to provide a safe home environment, minister the love of Christ, and to equip teenage girls in the foster care system, preparing them for healthy adult living
Direct Care Staff
Reports To: Case Manager / Program Director
1. High School Diploma or GED equivalence.
2. Age 21 or over.
3. Possess a valid Texas Driver’s License and Texas minimum auto insurance requirements.
4. Experience working for a residential setting or child placing agency and knowledge of
Minimum Standards and Residential Contracting is preferred but not required.
5. Ability to work with frequent interruptions and in stressful situations and respond to
crisis situations with patience and good judgement.
6. Present deep interest in working with children and youth from hard places.
Primary Purpose: The function of the Direct Care Staff is to provide basic daily care services, establish and build supportive and nurturing relationships, provide and arrange services and act as a liaison between each child and other staff to meet the needs of each child in our care.
Wage/Hour Status: Hourly (Shifts: 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm, 10pm-6am)
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Performs duties in a professional, ethical, and responsible manner.
2. Maintains positive and cooperating working relationships with clients, administrative
staff, and multi-disciplinary team members in the conduct of organization business and
demonstrates teamwork in daily activities.
3. Performs other tasks and assumes such responsibilities as related to the position.
4. Improves knowledge and skills through self-initiated and mandatory professional
5. Successfully meets established annual performance goals.
6. Performs prompt and timely in completing assignments and attending to details
accurately and efficiently.
7. Has regular attendance and complies with notification procedures for absences.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Communicate with supervisor, program staff and other service providers as needed to
assess and discuss progress and needs.
2. Participate in scheduled staff meetings.
3. Complete designated case paperwork.
4. Attend individualized service plan meetings.
5. Monitor child visits with parents and/or siblings.
6. Transports children to various appointments.
EQUIPMENT USED: Computer and copier
Mental Demands: Reading, ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); maintain emotional control under stress.
Physical Demands: Standing, sitting, stooping, bending, and lifting items up to 40 lbs. Occasional prolonged, irregular and holiday hours.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills that may be required.