|Hourly position at $12/hr. Food planning, purchasing, and preparation.
1. High School Diploma or GED equivalence. Must present proof upon hire.
2. Possess a valid Texas Driver’s License and Texas minimum auto insurance requirements. Must provide proof upon hire.
3. Experience working for a residential setting or child placing agency and knowledge of Minimum Standards and Residential Contracting is preferred but not required.
4. Ability to work with frequent interruptions and in stressful situations and respond to crisis situations with patience and good judgement.
5. Present deep interest in working with youth from hard places.
6. Able to pass an FBI background check with no CPS case history.
7. Must be 21 or older (prefer 25 or older)
8. Must be female (biological female)
Primary Purpose: The function of the Food Service staff is to provide weekly meal planning and preparation services, establish and build supportive and nurturing relationships, and to meet the dietary needs of each child in our care.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Performs duties in a professional, ethical and responsible manner.
2. Maintains positive and cooperating working relationships with clients, administrative staff and multi-disciplinary team members in the conduct of organization business and demonstrates teamwork in daily activities.
3. Performs other tasks and assumes such responsibilities as related to the position.
4. Improves knowledge and skills through self-initiated and mandatory professional development trainings.
5. Successfully meets established annual performance goals.
6. Performs prompt and timely in completing assignments and attending to details accurately and efficiently.
7. Has regular attendance and complies with notification procedures for absences.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Plan out meals, snacks, and other dietary needs, prepare and serve meals, purchase groceries and supplies, communicate with care staff and supervisors, provide for dietary needs and restrictions among a diverse client base.
EQUIPMENT USED: Kitchen equipment, copier, computer
Mental Demands: Reading, ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); maintain emotional control under stress. This is a tough job and you do get attached. It's more of a calling. Strong character, humble spirit, and self-control will go a long way.
Physical Demands: Standing, sitting, stooping, bending and lifting items up to 40 lbs. Occasional prolonged, irregular and holiday hours.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills that may be required. Equal opportunity employer. Non-profit, faith-based organization.
Applications will be kept on file for 60 days. Applicants must re-apply after that.