|Salary:||dependent upon experience|
|Education:||Bachelor’s Degree or Two years' experience within related field|
|Contact Name:||Human Resources Manager|
|Date Posted:||Sep 11, 2023|
Danielle’s Home of Hope is a residential home where we provide for the physical, emotional, educational, and spiritual needs of girls ages 7-17 in foster care.
It is the mission of Hope Haven of East Texas, through partnerships with churches, families and the community, to provide a safe home environment, minister the love of Christ, and to equip teenage girls in the foster care system, preparing them for healthy adult living
Reports To: Administrator, Program Director
*These qualifications present the minimum level of requirements needed in order to perform the job at a satisfactory level. Candidates must have the ability to perform the essential functions of this position to be considered for employment with Hope Haven of East Texas.
1. This position requires a bachelor’s degree, preferably in a human-services related field. Experience working for a residential childcare setting, child placing agency or other job experience is a plus. Preferred minimum two years of experience with teenagers within the last ten years.
2. Knowledge of Minimum Standards and Residential Contracting is preferred but not required.
3. Possess a valid Texas Driver’s License and Texas minimum auto insurance requirements.
4. Must either be a citizen of the United States or meet other qualifications to work legally within the country.
5. Must not have been convicted of a felony or criminal offense against a child.
6. Must have the ability to work with frequent interruptions and in stressful situations. Must be able to respond to crisis situations with patience and good judgement.
7. Must present a deep interest in working with youth that come from hard places in life.
8. This position requires the positive completion of a ninety-day probationary period. During this time, the agency and employee will decide if the professional relationship is cohesive. At any time during the ninety-day period, either the agency or employee may terminate the relationship for any reason.
Primary Purpose: The primary function of the case manager is to establish and build supportive and nurturing relationships with the children in the home. Must also coordinate all services to meet the child’s needs within minimum standards and be the primary liaison between Hope Haven and all outside representatives that share interest in the child’s legal case.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Communicates with supervisors, program director, DFPS, school personnel and other service providers to assess and discuss the progress and needs of children placed at Hope Haven.
2. Makes telephone contacts with outside entities in conjunction with the treatment director and program director as needed.
3. Coordinates the placements of all new residents with DFPS and Hope Haven staff.
4. Conducts the intake and orientation of all new children placed into the home at Hope Haven.
5. Assists the treatment director with the completion of intake and ongoing assessments as needed.
6. Completes the discharge summaries and transfer summaries in a timely manner.
7. Completes case logs, monthly case management notes and all other designated paperwork in a timely manner.
8. Schedules and invites members of the treatment team, DFPS, CASA, attorneys, parents (if applicable) and any appropriate service provider to individualized service planning meetings.
9. Responsible for the completion of the initial thirty-day service plan review along with all subsequent ninety-day service plans for the children placed at Hope Haven.
10. Communicates with direct care staff and the program director with ample notification to ensure that any appointments, visitations, court hearings and other requirements for transportation pertaining to the child are met in a timely manner.
11. Conducts monthly audits of the children’s record to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of appointments and documentation.
12. Transports children to various appointments and court-ordered visitation in place of the staff if necessary.
13. Coordinates with Hope Haven staff and outside parties that have interest in the child’s legal case to ensure that our children can attend all court hearings and DFPS permanency hearings as needed.
14. Ensures that all due dates for physicals, vision, counseling, medication monitoring and other aspects of the individualized service plans are met for the children in the home and reports any needed updates to the Program Director.
15. Assists in the enrollment of our children in school and/or withdrawal upon discharge. Communicates with school and meets with teachers as needed. Assists school personnel in the development of the Individual Education Plan and attend ARD meetings for the school.
16. Must be able to set limits with our children while also handling any negative reactions that may occur as a result of setting such limits in a professional manner.
17. Assists the treatment director and other Hope Haven staff in developing and leading nurture groups for the children in the home.
18. Participates in all required trainings for staff that provide one-on-one transportation for children. This includes trainings that may take place after hours or on weekends.
19. Reports suspected child abuse/neglect to supervisors, licensing and appropriate law enforcement agencies.
20. Must be able to work on-call for one entire week on a rotating basis with other designated Hope Haven staff.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Communicates with executive director, administrator, treatment director, program director and other Hope Haven staff, along with other service providers as needed to assess and discuss progress and needs of the children in our care.
2. Acknowledges and adheres to the Statement of Faith and mission of Hope Haven of East Texas.
3. Must have the ability to work under moderate supervision.
4. Must have the ability to exercise patience, good judgment and confidentiality while being able to observe and make accurate assessments of situations with available information and appropriate supervision.
5. Participates in scheduled staff meetings and required trainings.
6. Improves knowledge and skills through self-initiated and mandatory professional development trainings.
7. Successfully meets established annual performance goals.
8. Performs prompt and timely in completing assignments and attending to details accurately and efficiently.
9. Has regular attendance and complies with proper notification procedures for absences.
10. Participates in public relations assignments and meetings as needed.
11. Performs other assignments and duties as necessary and requested by the treatment director, administrator and executive director.
EQUIPMENT USED: Computer and copying machine
Mental Demands: Reading, ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); maintaining emotional control under stress.
Physical Demands: Standing, sitting, stooping, bending, and lifting items up to 40 lbs. Occasional prolonged, irregular, and holiday hours.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are
not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required.
Copyright © 2023 Hope Haven of East Texas
Website by GroupM7 Design™